American Airlines passenger tased after argument


He continues to yell at the officers and other passengers as he's removed from the terminal, and at one point "collapsed to ground in an effort to impede the officers' efforts", according to the arrest report.

However, after leaving the plane, Garcia continued to shout at police and other passengers. "Once law enforcement was on the aircraft, the passenger then became combative with the officers from the Miami-Date Police Department". They said after he was moved to a different seat by flight attendants, he began using racial slurs. Upon being asked by crew members to leave the plane, Garcia reportedly refused, which prompted police offers to board the plane and subdue the man with a Taser.

Garcia allegedly began touching the woman on board before takeoff, which prompted her boyfriend to call the police, according to NBC News.

As you can see from the footage recorded by a fellow passenger-confirmed by American Airlines to capture the incident in question-Garcia is staring at the camera while asking, "What is the reason you are removing me from this plane?" Despite this, they wrote that they were unable to remove him from the plane because Garcia "wedged his legs and body in the seat" and "locked his feet around the legs of the seat". "Go on, Taser me", Ennis quoted him as saying - and then he allegedly grabbed the officer's stun gun.

Three officers came onboard the aircraft to arrest Garcia, but he "began to resist and pull away", Miami New Times reports. When one officer tried to lift Garcia up, he reached for the officer's handgun repeatedly.

More news: US grants reprieve to Rusal, says will weigh impact on allies

The flight, scheduled to leave at 9:30 p.m., left at 10:34 p.m. with all passengers except Garcia, American Airlines said.

"Do not fight", the officers shout at Garcia as they grapple to get him into handcuffs. He was charged with charged with battery, depriving and officer of a firearm, criminal mischief and disorderly conduct.

We will cooperate with the Miami-Dade Police Department on this matter.

The flight was delayed just over an hour due to the incident, and "all remaining passengers" made it to Chicago.