Firefighters were called to the scene in Manhattan at around 7am local time, with reports suggesting the blaze was likely caused by an electrical fault.
Photos and videos of the scene showed smoke billowing from the skyscraper.
US President Donald Trump was not now at Tower but at Washington D.C.at the time of the incident.More news: Bannon 'Regrets' Explosive Comments As Surrogates Denounce Wolff Book On Sunday Shows
Tenants inside Trump Tower were advised to stay in place, and the building was never evacuated, Sakowich said.
Two civilians and a firefighter were treated for non-life-threatening injuries, the department said. The fire was believed under control and no injuries were reported, NBC News reported on Twitter. It took about an hour to put out the fire on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan.
The property contains both private residences and business offices, along with a foyer that is open to the public.
The building houses luxury apartments and businesses.