Donald Trump has said his "Fake News Awards", which he first mentioned four days ago, and in which he has promised to proclaim the "most dishonest and corrupt" media organisation, will apparently go ahead over a week later than the President earlier planned, due to increased "interest".
The commander-in-chief tweeted last week they'd be given out Monday and "cover Dishonesty & Bad Reporting in various categories from the Fake News Media".
The White House hasn't given much indication if the awards will actually happen.More news: Conte: Mourinho is a little man
Or that the recipients-except in cases where they've had to retract admittedly false stories-will wear an award as a badge of honor?
Noah, however, has some stiff competition as Stephen Colbert of CBS's The Late Show also launched an ad campaign to bag one of the so-called #Fakies. He bought a Times Square billboard that says, in Oscars style, "For Your Consideration"-listing amusing reasons why he should be honored". Maybe-maybe-there was a chance that we would, for at least a couple minutes, stop paying attention to Donald Trump.
"And I think I've wasted enough of my viewers' time". It's more like that wrestling video in which Trump body-slams a guy with a CNN head-something that will excite his base, which already distrusts the press and loves the president's media-bashing.