Health blogger is killed after siphon explodes

Share

In the family's announcement of Rebecca's death, they warned people against using the whipped cream dispenser from a French manufacturer.

"The siphon that killed her, however, was sealed". Adding, "Do not use this kind of utensil in your home! Tens of thousands of these appliances are still in circulation".

Firefighters were able to restore her heartbeat, but she was unconscious when she arrived at the hospital and died the following day.

French fitness model Rebecca Burger was reportedly killed by an exploding whipped cream dispenser over the weekend.

Whipped cream dispensers use nitrous oxide canisters that release gas and pressurize the cream when pressed with a pin.

More news: Proud of Kidambi Srikanth's victory in the Australian Open: Narendra Modi

The family of Rebecca Burger announced on her social media pages Wednesday that the blogger died on Sunday following what they called a "domestic accident". She had more than 156,000 followers on Instagram at the time of her death.

In 2014, French consumer watchdog group 60 Millions de Consommateurs issued a warning that defective canisters were leading to severe injuries when their nozzles broke free and hit users like a bullet due to the pressure in the canister. "Rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers are with her family friends and fans", a follower wrote. The magazine said it had been warning for years of such risks after dozens of incidents since 2010.

Rebecca Burger was a rising Instagram star who frequently shared photos of herself in which she showcased her fit physique in bikinis and athletic gear. Burger also wrote on her lifestyle blog, Rebeccas Likes, about traveling, food, and her experiences on the road. 60 Million Consumers, a French consumer magazine, said faulty connectors on the gas capsules could break, launching a potentially unsafe projectile.

One victim claims he suffered from six broken ribs and a broken sternum as a result of the exploding whipped cream can.

Share