Newborn found with 100 rodent bites; parents arrested


It is said that both Shryock and Elliott were aware that their house had a rat infestation but failed to do anything about the problem.

" I agree these idiots should never get the baby back.They also should be fixed so they can never have another one". More recently, it was revealed that their bond was set at $15,000.

Both Elliott and Shyrock are each facing first-degree charges of endangering the welfare of a minor.

Investigators explained the horrific case.

On May 16, two days after the incident and one day after the surgery, police were informed by a doctor that the baby suffered severe destruction of the skin due to rat feeding. The surgery triggered child endangerment charges against the baby's parents.

The child had bites on her arms, fingers, forehead, and face. Police are withholding the child's sex. However, it is now known that Shryock and Elliot's baby is a girl.

More news: Michael Noonan to retire

Elliot and Shryock were taken to the Magonlia Police Department for questioning. However, Erica and Charles did nothing to take care of the rodents.

Under questioning, Shryock allegedly told police the child's crying woke her up at around 5:30 a.m. on Sunday. She heard the infant screaming and told investigators she thought the child needed to be fed.

However, the Magnolia Reporter wrote that something different happened. The mum-of-two claims she put her newborn to bed at around 5.30am. According to the reports, the mother told the cops that she laid her child to sleep at around 5:30 a.m. on Sunday. reported the couple admitted they knew there were rats in the house but the pair did nothing about it.

Charles said, according to court documents, that he saw rat footprints in the crib and the pair waited for his mother to arrive before they took the child to hospital at 9am. He saw blood everywhere. Upon investigation of the couple's home, bloody rodent footprints and rat droppings were discovered. Williams gave police consent to search the home. The doctor's opinion was that the parents were either incapacitated or absent, when the injuries occurred.

Her parents could face up to 20 years in prison.