Wounded Bartra says blasts 'hardest 15 minutes' of his life

Share

A decision made in Switzerland that concerns us directly? But one shouldn't forget that we are human beings.

Following Tuchel's comments, Uefa reaffirmed in a statement that the decision was made at the stadium on Tuesday night "in co-operation and complete agreement with clubs and authorities".

Defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos, though, said he felt the players had been treated like "animals" by the decision to stage the game so soon after the attack.

"What happened in Dortmund, they would have all sat on the team coach thinking "this is the safest place in the world" and the least likely place for this sort of thing to happen. It was hard for us, of course". "We do not want to use the situation as an excuse", he added.

"We would have liked to have had more time to work through it", added Tuchel.

Borussia Dortmund defender Marc Bartra, who was wounded when three bombs rocked his Bundesliga team's bus, described on Friday his ordeal as "the longest and hardest 15 minutes of my life".

"What do I feel when I look at my swollen and badly damaged wrist?"

"What shocked us all was these are two good clubs and it's a lovely part of the world and you think "my word".

More news: Valve asks for phone numbers to confirm Dota 2 player identities

Police ramped up security in the city as German investigators detained an Islamist suspect following the roadside blast. Who will blame us for that?

"Everyone has their own way of reacting to events". The three explosives resulted to broken windows on some parts of the bus and one of the players obtained an injury.

The shock of the attack was made clear by veteran midfielder Nuri Sahin in an emotional post-game interview on Norwegian television after Dortmund's 3-2 loss to Monaco. "We haven't won anything yet".

Monaco boss Leonardo Jardim had some sympathy with Tuchel's view, but said the packed fixture calendar contributed to the hasty rescheduling.

"They are my everything, the reason I struggle to overcome obstacles and this has been the worst of my life, an experience I would not want anyone in this world (to have)", he wrote.

The Super Eagles legend revealed that he was 200 metres away from the scene as it unfolded ahead of the first leg quarter-final encounter.

But the Turkey global, who came on as a second-half substitute in their 3-2 loss, admitted football was far from his mind. I don't wish a feeling like this on anyone. I was on way home from Melwood and Matt [Liverpool's press officer] called to tell me that something happened on the bus and I tried immediately to get some information. "It felt lousy. And that sticks with us", he said at a news conference.

Share