Bill O'Reilly Out at Fox News After Sex Harassment Allegations

Share

Fox confirmed on Wednesday that O'Reilly will not return to the network.

Bill O'Reilly may no longer be a factor at Fox News. O'Reilly may finally be out of a job.

Walsh, who was once a contributor on "The O'Reilly Factor", told CNN that she was "thrilled that a corporation has made this seismic shift to put women's rights ahead of their bottom line".

The departure from Fox News marks a stunning end to a near ideal marriage between a pugnacious personality and network.

(Photo by Frank Micelotta/Invsion/AP, File).

Mr. O'Reilly spent 21 years at Fox News.

21st Century Fox issued a statement Wednesday that "after a thorough and careful review of the allegations, the company and Bill O'Reilly have agreed that Bill O'Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel".

His ouster follow years of claims he sexually harassed female associates, and a New York Times report on how Fox paid $13 million to settle sexual harassment suits against O'Reilly.

Presenter Megyn Kelly has bolted to NBC.

In an internal memo sent to 21st Century Fox employees that has been shared by United States media, the company writes the decision was made after "extensive review done in collaboration with outside counsel".

More news: Clinton's 2nd Call on Election Night: 'Mr. President, I'm Sorry'

That certainly could happen, though it probably won't be easy. Reports indicate patriarch Rupert Murdoch intially supported keeping his cash cow, but one of his sons successfully pushed for O'Reilly to get the ax.

The National Organization for Women said Fox News should be investigated by authorities.

But O'Reilly has been on Fox News for more than two decades.

As we reported last week, an independent analysis by the ad-tracking firm iSpot.tv showed O'Reilly's program had lost about half its advertisers in a span of several weeks due to the allegations. With a profit center gone, 21st Century Fox stock fell nearly 1 percent Wednesday in heavy trading.

Carlson will be taking up O'Reilly's 8 p.m. slot on April 24, according to Fox News.

How many Fox News viewers share the president's sentiment is yet to be seen, but Olbermann is certain that we haven't seen the last of O'Reilly. The statement from 21st Century Fox is coming after growing public resentment about O'Reilly's alleged behavior.

Fox might also have found it financially risky let O'Reilly remain.

"Michaels stalks the woman who forced his resignation from the network and throws her off a balcony". It's now trying again, although a United Kingdom media regulator must certify that the combined company would be a "fit and proper" owner of the broadcaster.

Smith also represented Gretchen Carlson, who a year ago settled a claim against Ailes.

Share